Colorado Ballet Announces 2023/2024 Season: A five-production season to take place at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House
Colorado Ballet’s Artistic Director Gil Boggs announced the 2023/2024 Season at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House, which will feature five productions—Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Jekyll & Hyde, Coppélia and Ballet MasterWorks.
“I am delighted to announce the five productions planned for Colorado Ballet’s 2023/2024 Season at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House,” stated Artistic Director Gil Boggs. “Our current Season of Timeless Stories has been a tremendous success, and we look forward to bringing even more world-class ballet to our community next season, starting in the fall with Swan Lake. I’m especially excited to bring back ballets from years past and to introduce new works to the company’s repertoire. From pure classical ballet to contemporary dance, to comedies, romances and horror, there’s something for everyone at Colorado Ballet in 2023/2024.”
- Colorado Ballet will open its 2023/2024 Season with eight performances of Swan Lake, October 6–15, 2023 at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House. An iconic romantic-classical ballet that is beloved worldwide, Swan Lake features virtuosic choreography by Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov, with additional choreography by Ballet Master Sandra Brown, Amanda McKerrow and John Gardner, with Tchaikovsky’s indelible score performed live by the Colorado Ballet Orchestra.
- From November 25–December 24, 2023, fan-favorite ballet The Nutcracker returns to Denver, featuring the company’s custom-made sets and costumes which debuted in 2021. The Nutcracker is a festive, family-friendly production that has become synonymous with the spirit of holiday season and sees sold-out performances year after year. In alignment with Colorado Ballet’s mission to increase accessibility and grow a diverse audience base, a public sensory-friendly performance of The Nutcracker will be presented for the third year in a row.
- Colorado Ballet will treat audiences to a Denver premiere of the full-length ballet Jekyll & Hyde, February 2–11, 2024. Inspired by the classic Gothic novella by Robert Louis Stevenson, choreographer Val Caniparoli’s neoteric production explores the human psyche and capacity for both good and evil. Set to the music of acclaimed composers Frédéric Chopin, Krzysztof Penderecki, Henryk Górecki, Wojciech Kilar and Henryk Wieniawski, Jekyll & Hyde premiered in 2020 and features scenic and costume design by David Israel Reynoso.
- For the first time in 15 years, Colorado Ballet will present Coppélia—a widely acclaimed ballet based on two short stories by E.T.A. Hoffmann—March 8–17, 2024. Renowned for its charming blend of humor and classical sensibility, Coppélia is a whimsical story of love and mistaken identity. Colorado Ballet’s adaptation features original choreography by Arthur Saint-Léon, staged by Sandra Brown, Lorita Travaglia and Maria Mosina, set to the music of Léo Delibes.
- Colorado Ballet’s 63rd Season concludes with Ballet MasterWorks, April 12–21, 2024. Audiences will see the return of George Balanchine’s scintillating masterpiece Rubies, choreographed to the music of Igor Stravinsky. The 2023/2024 Season’s annual repertory production will also feature a new work and a third ballet yet to be announced.
Subscribe For Updates & Giveaways!
Stay up to date with exciting original content, upcoming performances, and giveaways unique to your community and beyond!